“Conscious” – a word that has been used in several ways, but the basic idea is – to be aware, to be thoughtful
So with that in mind, let’s put the awareness and thought into action about “relationships”
First thing you need to know is: this is more than just about “love” relationships. This can be applied to all the people you are connected to and in whatever way.
Imagine this for a moment:
1. Your co-worker saw you looked moody, and didn’t do his or her usual 5 minute happy-joy-joy session because he or she realized you were just not in the mood without you saying anything.
2. Your man or woman is consistent with the actions they do at home, such as getting groceries and putting them all away and you can rely on him or her to do a morning dance around the kitchen. They have a habit of peace and joy and YOU DO TOO.
3. You as the mother or father give random hugs, and stop by to visit with your kid in their bedroom, just to chat about something new you read or something you saw that day.
Each of these are examples of what I call “conscious relationships.”
Putting thought and awareness into how we interact with others has so many benefits:
everyone feels more secure
everyone can thrive because of that security
Psychology has proven that when your home life and routine human connections hold some stability, you will thrive.
This is more obvious in early childhood, but most people forget how necessary this is until a trauma strikes, like illness, war, or poverty.
Imagine being in a relationship or working for someone who never has the same expectations, or maybe they’re moody as hell and you never know when they’ll yell or whine about something. Some of you are nodding your head right now because you’ve already been there.
So how do you put this into action?
Have a CONSCIOUS conversation with yourself first, and then with each person you are connected.
2. State the intention to establish habits that will nurture each other.
3. Commit to being PRESENT and taking in the NOW completely without distraction. ( To get my short list of “how to” tips for this one, click HERE )
If you do the above, it will become a habit just like brushing your teeth. What you put into practice and really want will become part of you.
Next time: ... conscious sex
and then conscious conception
ABOUT THE CONSCIOUS SERIES:
IN THIS SERIES WE COVER DIFFERENT PEOPLE, PLACES AND THINGS THAT ARE IN A STATE OF “REDEFINING,” OF SHAKING OFF PAST HABITS OR THOUGHT PROCESSES IN FAVOR OF CONSCIOUS DECISIONS AND CONSCIOUS ACTIONS.
BASICALLY, THIS IS A TIME OF ASKING “WHY” INSTEAD OF BLINDLY COMPLYING. THEN, CHOOSING WHAT WORKS ON A PRAGMATIC LEVEL. OUR GOAL IS THRIVING AND PRODUCTIVITY